1. We respect your privacy
vybey respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and manage your personal information, including personal information collected via vybey.com.au (“our website”).
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
2. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- phone number
- email address
- IP address of the computer you are using
- information about the goods or services you have ordered
- information from enquiries you have made
- communications between us
- credit card information
3. What we do with the information we gather
We need your personal information to provide you with our products and/or services, which includes informing you (such as via direct marketing) about our products and/or services, creating and updating our databases, ensuring compliance with our contractual and other legal obligations to you, conducting trade promotions, and administering our relationship with you by responding to your enquiries (“Main Purposes”).
If you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to carry out or fulfil some or all of the Main Purposes.
How we use your personal information
- We may use your personal information to provide you with information, updates and our services. We also use it to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- We may also use your personal information:
- for any purpose disclosed to you in an information collection statement at the point where we collect your personal information; or
- for a purpose related to one of the Main Purposes.
- We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our business partners who assist us in the provision of our services to you.
- We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.7. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.8. Complaints and Queries
If you have any complaints or queries about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:
- Mail: c/o Privacy Officer, vybey, Unit 9, 17 Power Avenue, Alexandria, NSW 2015.
- Email: email@example.com
We take complaints very seriously and will typically respond to any complaints or queries within 3 business days after receiving written notice of your complaint. We may ask you to provide more information to assist us in responding to your complaint or query. If we cannot resolve a complaint or query related to your privacy, or otherwise at any time, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) directly.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au